Sponsorship & Charity
METROPOL Group pays much attention to charitable activities,
which are of great importance not only for the organizations that
receive the financial support, but for everyone involved with the
group, since the recognition and support of universal values is a
critical element of our corporate culture. Charity reminds us of
the important things in life outside the office—the society in
which we live and what it means to be a part of it.
Here are just a few of the charitable projects, ideas and
initiatives that we support:
- II International Chess Tournament in classical chess in
- Raut "Philanthropist 2013" in Buryatia
- Championship Wrestling in Ulan-Ude
- School of the famous Russian chess player Sergey Rublevsky in
- Performance of the Buryat circus at the festival White Month in
- Presentation of children's songs in the Buryat language "Bi
tomo boloob" in Buryat State Philharmonic
- Chess tournament "Sagaalgan 2014"
- General partner of the art project "One Day of Life" in
- Tournament "Baikal Fishing»
- Support of Novokizhinginskiy orphanage team in the
tournament "Baikal Fishing"
- Congratulations and gifts for veterans on Victory
- Сharity event "Give warmth to children" in Buryatia.
Presentation of the book by Yanzhima Ivahinovoy "Traditions Buryat
wedding" (publishing house "Buryad Mongol-Nom")
- XI-th International Chess Festival "Sagaalgan - 2013"
Рarticipation of group "Sudbinushka" from Tarbagatay of the
festival in France
- Russian Sport Dance Tournament "Pearl of Baikal" IX
championship of Russia on Kyokushin-kan Karate-do in the center of
Moscow martial arts
- Contest "Rays of Hope" in Ulan-Ude
- Moscow campaign "Plant a Victory Tree in Serebryanyi Bor"
Exhibition of photographer Mark Agnor in Buryatia Business
- Children's Festival in rapid chess "Wunderkind 2013" In
- The All-Russian tournament on mini-lapta "Golden Bit"
- The festival in the shrine Zandan Zhuu Yeravninsky region of
- Chess tournament for the prizes of the club "Shatar
- First open-air on Lake Baikal
- Thanks from the International Charitable Foundation "Our
- Thanks from Moscow city council veterans
- IV Festival of aircraft in Buryatia
- Olympics in the district of "Yamal" in Tyumen by
- Geologist’s conference
- National wrestling tournament in Buryatia Temple in honor of
The Our Lady Icon of Vladimir in Nizhneangarsk
- Support for Buryat-powerlifter athlete Eugene Svoboda
- Poetic tournament named by Namzhyl Nimbuev in Buryatia
- IX Republican Olympiad of Baikal
- The construction of a dormitory for students of the
Buryat-khuvaraks in India.
- Support for flood victims in the Far East
- Рersonal exhibition of Bato Dashitsyrenova in Ulan-Ude
Traditional children's chess festival "Wunderkind-2012" in
- Competition "Family Business 2012"
- Congratulations of war veterans on Victory Day
- X International Chess Festival "Sagaalgan-2012" in Buryatia
Exhibition of works of Buryat artist Zorikto Dorzhieva and
presentation of his book «ZORIKBOOK» in the Gallery "Hanhalaev" in
- Winter expedition geographical MSU students in the Republic of
- Support for Buryat teen comedy "On Baikal"
- Benefit of Bolshoi Theater soloist Morihiro Iwata
- IV International music festival "Voice of nomads"
- Exhibition of Zorikto Dorzhiev in Moscow
- Traditional annual holiday Zandan Zhuu held in Egituysky
- Russian regional media Festival "My province"
- Art Forum "Baikal harbor"
- The first eco-marathon "Save Baikal together!" Series of
concerts "Spectra of time. French music today "at the Moscow State
- Patriarch Kirill's book "Freedom and Responsibility: in search
of harmony. Human rights and dignity" in Japan Wellness for
children Buryatia at the National Rehabilitation Center
- Book by Tsyren Janda Daribazarovа "Өөrtөө tabihan asudal" ("The
question to itself"), which became the best publication in the
Buryat language on the basis of 2012
- "Baikal battle" - a boxing match for the championship of the
world by the IBO (International Boxing Organization).
- Presentation of the book VT Slipenchuk "Zinziver" in Paris
- Medical examination for children from the village of Cold Evenk
Severobaykalsky district of Buryatia
- Volleyball Tournament for the prizes of "Ozernyi GOK"
- The final concert in the series "The spectra of time. French
music today "
- Presentation of the scientific results of the expedition "Mirs"
on Baikal "(2008-2010) in Monte Carlo (Monaco) and premiere of the
documentary film in French "To a depth of Baikal " Presentation of
the scientific results of the expedition "Mirs" on Baikal
"(2008-2010) in Ulan Bator (Mongolia) and the premiere of the
documentary film in the Mongolian language "To a depth of
- Organization of research expedition "Patomsky crater 2011"
Japanese folk ensemble concert "Kuromori Kagura" in Moscow Vincent
Perez Photo project in Vladivostok and Moscow Сhess festival in
Ulan-Ude "Baikal harbor-2011" The III International music festival
"Voice of nomads" Exhibition of Buryat artist Zorikto Dorzhieva in
Luxembourg and London
- Gala concert of the international creative project
"Stradivarius dialogue" in Moscow Presentation of the novel by
Victor Slipenchuk "Star Saver" in Beijing
- Publication and presentation at the Buryat Republican Puppet
Theatre "Ulger" (Ulan-Ude) children's book "Zarhay – son of
- Eravninsky fitness camp "Enkhaluk"
- First Open World Championship Kyokushin Union World
Championships in Moscow
- Charity Tournament - Russian qualifiers for football teams
- Charity Gala Concert Prize laureates in the field of children's
art "Andrewsha-2011" in Chelyabinsk
- II international chess tournament for the prize of the Buddhist
Traditional Sangha of Russia Ivolginsky Datsan
- Kyokushin-kan karate-do in the Democratic Republic of the
- Presentation of gifts to the crew of the Pacific Fleet flagship
GRK "Varyag" in connection with the 107th anniversary of the Battle
- Donating of the monument "Youth of Buryatia" to the city of
- Interregional tourism project "Fabulous Sagaalgan in Buryatia
- Helped to organize the following exhibitions:
- Underwater Research of Lake Baikal: Yesterday and Today
(Listvyanka, Irkutsk Region)
- Manned submersibles Mir to Lake Baikal! (Ulan-Ude).
- Organized celebrations in the city of Murom in honor of the
106th anniversary of the battle of the Cruiser Varyag with the
- Provided organizational and financial support for Moscow
performances of the St. Petersburg Theatre on Vasilevsky.
- Donated a collection of vintage cars from the AZLK Factory
Museum to the City of Moscow.
- Provided financial support for the creation of a documentary
called Special-Purpose Priests by Alexei Denisov on the RTR
- Established the Under the Star of Hope children’s foundation.
Organized the Special Cars for Special Children automotive
- Participated in the organization of the Cruiser Varyag:
Discovering Relics exhibition.
- Organized the Lake Baikal and the History of the Russian Navy
exhibition. Part 2: Irkutsk and the Fleet (Irkutsk).
- Organized exhibitions devoted to the 105th anniversary of the
exploit of the Cruiser Varyag at the Novy Dvor Business Center and
Education Center No. 264 (Moscow).
- Participated in the joint Russian-Monegasque Antarctica 2009
sports and science expedition.
- Provided organizational and financial support for the manned
submersibles Mir in Lake Baikal international scientific research
expedition, involving comprehensive research of the ecosystem of
Lake Baikal (2008-2010).
- Provided organizational and financial support of the On Seven
Winds Lake Baikal Regatta.
- Organized the Lake Baikal and the History of the Russian Navy
exhibition. Part 1: Buryatia and the Navy (Ulan-Ude).
- Provided material support to Russian peacekeepers injured in
the Georgian-Ossetian conflict and their families.
- Provided organizational and financial support for the
commemoration of the 70th Anniversary of the Moscow State
University Geography Faculty.
- Provided organizational and financial support for the UN’s
global Plant for the Planet Billion Tree campaign.
- Took the initiative in the establishment of the Fund for
protection of Lake Baikal.
- Supported the Russia-Antarctica 2008 scientific and sport
- Provided organizational and financial support for the 7th
International Festival of Youth Wrestling held in Moscow.
- Opened a memorial center dedicated to the Cruiser Varyag in the
village of Lendalfut (Scotland).
- Supported the Arctic 2007 expedition, involving the use of Mir
deep sea vehicles at the North Pole.
- Organized the Return of the Varyag exhibition at the Central
Museum of the Armed Forces.
- Sponsored the Shatar Chess Team (Republic of Buryatia).
- IFC METROPOL established the Cruiser Varyag Foundation for the
Support of the Russian Navy.
- IFC METROPOL General Director Mikhail Slipenchuk donated the
money needed to treat 13-year-old Sasha Shubin, who suffers from
- Financed the Pavel Filonov: Eyewitness of the Invisible
exhibition at the Pushkin Museum.
- Organized and financed the visit of the Russian delegation to
the European Kyokushin Karate-Do Championship in Kiev.
- Organized and financed a program called Head Start, during
which the Arctic Goose blimp set a world blimp altitude
- Organized and financed the installation of a memorial plaque at
the site where the cruiser Varyag sank off the coast of Lendalfut,
- Helped to organize and finance the commemoration of the 125th
anniversary of the National Library of Buryatia.
- Helped to finance the restoration of the Savior Church of the
village of Sosnovo-Ozerskoye in the Yeravninsky District of
Buryatia and the purchase of Orthodox literature.
- Provided material support and mentoring for the First of May
Cadet Boarding School in Tula region.
- Participated in the organization and holding of the World
Kyokushin-Kan Karate-Do Championship in Moscow.
- Organized and financed the Flight to the Top of the World
expeditionary project, the first successful flight to the North
Pole by hot air balloon.
- Supported families of Federal Special Forces officers killed
while liberating hostages in Beslan.
- Sponsored the film Countdown.
- Provided financial assistance for the construction of an
Orthodox Church and a Buddhist temple (Sandalwood Buddha) in the
Republic of Buryatia.
- Opened the Martial Arts Palace in Moscow.
- Published a complete collection of scientific papers of the
Geography Faculty of Moscow State University to mark the 250th
anniversary of Moscow State University.
- Created the Russian Kyokushin-Kan Karate-Do Federation.
- Sponsored the State Theater of Nations (2004-2007).
- Sponsored the Russian National Parachute Jumping Team
- Sponsored “Path of the Dragon” and “Business Person” programs
on Third Channel.
- Financed the restoration of Murom Monastery of Our Savior, a
monastic cloister with a thousand year history.
- Sponsored three Championships of Russia and two
international-classification ranking tournaments in dance
- Supported the parish community of St. Seraphim Church in the
village of Kurlovsky, Vladimir Region.
- Teamed up with Gorodets Publishing House to publish a book by
Royama Hatsuo, President of the International Organization for
Kyokushin-Kan Karate-Do, called My Life is Karate.
- Helped the Abode of Nilo-Stolbensky Desert, located on Stolbny
Island at Lake Seliger.
- Helped fire victims at a children’s school in Yakutia.
- Restored Assumption Church in the village of Chernigovka,
- Helped the Bambuk (Bamboo) Society of Persons Suffering from
Injuries and Diseases of the Spine.
- Helped to organize an Internet class at a middle school in
- Began to provide financial support for the Far Eastern Diocese
of the Russian Orthodox Church (continues to this day).
- Provided financial support for holding Easter events at the
State Kremlin Palace.
- Participated in the Illustrated Books for Blind Children
project (1997-1999) as part of the UN and UNESCO World Decade for
- Established scholarships for the Moscow State University
Swimming team. (1996-1997).
- Sponsored secondary school teachers at Moscow School No. 79